Monday, January 31, 2011

my new favorite G R I L L E D cheese

Fresh mozzarella. I'm not sure where I've been all my life. The same part of me that wonders why I had to discover how wonderful pedicures are {in my 30's} is trying to figure out why I've waited until now to taste fresh mozzarella. There really is no substitute. I'm not a huge cheese fan. On sandwiches, or tacos or lasagne... yes, it's a necessity. But to just eat a piece of cheese- I've never been able to- until now. I am in love with this stuff. I know I have seen it at the grocery store but always thought it was a little on the expensive side, so I was never really even tempted. Here, it's actually quite affordable { I think the one thing we've noticed is cheaper...} so, I decided to try it... one taste and I'm hooked.
Last summer, my sister/bro-in-law introduced us to crackers with basil, tomato, mozzarella and a vinegarette. YUM! We have them at least once a week {or more} with whatever we're having for dinner. While putting together grilled cheese last week for dinner, I decided instead to make mine with the basil, tomato and fresh mozzarella. On my fresh German crusty bread it was wonderful. The gooey cheese, freshness of the basil and sweetness of the tomato was a perfect match. Definitely a repeat meal!   


Not the best photo, the lighting in our house is extremely poor... but, you get the idea!

1 comment:

Carinne said...

Try making a pizza out of the that. Fresh tomatoes, fresh mozz. and fresh basil. No sauce....just that. Its fabulous!