Wednesday, March 23, 2011

one C U P at a time

It's been a little bit busy around here this week and I've almost not been able to keep up! Feel like I'm a little behind and need to get my act together.
A little example...Jim stopped by the store Monday evening for me on his way home from work. I thought I gave him a complete list until Tuesday morning, I realized we had no sugar. You just can't make red velvet without the sugar. 

I decided to make a quick trip to the closest German store I know- about a ten-minute drive as opposed to twenty to the commissary on base.

Caden and I made it to the store and bought the smallest bag of sugar I think I've ever seen in my life. It was the only brand, only size. Kind of a one size fits all for this country. I guess if you shop every day for your family of three {max} and have an itty-bitty kitchen with little to no storage, you simply buy sugar one cup {maybe 1 1/2} at a time- whatever 1000 g equals out to be. I get it.

Happy to have my sugar and even a bunch of flowers that Caden picked out, we headed home to finish up Coleman's cupcakes only to realize we were out of vegetable oil. This about sums up my week. Just a step behind. Life's not slowing down any, I better get in gear.

No comments: