Saturday, March 26, 2011

T R A C K season has begun

LOVE, love, love track & field season! Today was the boys' first meet up in a city called Wiesbaden. Beautiful, beautiful scenic drive with rolling hills and vineyards for a good stretch of it. Breathtaking and it's not even full and green yet.

Of course, I love watching my boys {the most}, but I could sit and watch these kids ALL day- every single event. The races are so exciting and so fast! These kids are just amazing athletes.

On a down note- today did make me really miss watching my Mulvane kids. It was also a bummer that Ty's struggled with shin splints this week and didn't make the meet. We've been doing tons of stretching, ice, ACE bandages, new running shoes {since the shin spints kicked in} and Mineral Ice... any other suggestions?

Justin did shotput and threw the disc. He's figured out that running is just a little too much work.

Pleased with his shot {placed 2nd} he was less impressed with his disc throwing. Super competitive, he's always so critical of himself. Three or four days this week, he didn't have a throwing coach which was even more frustrating for him. He is definitely missing his old coach {S} and buddies from Kansas.

Directly affected by the crisis in Libya this week, Jim has worked long hours and was required to work today causing him to miss the meet.

I left Coleman home with Ty, so Caden and I made the road trip. Fun times with my little man.

Always a crack up, Caden had his own track meet on the sidelines. Once he saw the relays with the kids passing the batons, he grabbed up an empty water bottle and used it as his baton.

He had a couple other moms laughing out loud. He should sleep well tonight, I think he ran twenty races. Next week, I should have hurdle pictures of Ty to post...

No comments: