Thursday, March 24, 2011

let it A L L hang out

It's been a slightly stressful day. I've tried to stay focused, but feel a little like I'm spinning in circles. For some reason, this picture makes me smile. I've been sticking our undies in the dryer along with our socks, but one of these days, I just might switch over to the German way of doing it. They let it all hang out there.
I do watch all the German ladies and their laundry lines quite closely. Not to be nosey, but I'm still trying to learn their way of doing things. I have yet to catch one of them outside in the process of putting it out, but I can see how they place it. Already, I've flipped the shirts upside down so the clip marks are on the bottom. Smart. I wonder if they're watching me from their windows as well- laughing at this new girl trying to learn these things.

I never thought a year ago that I'd even be hanging laundry outside... who knows what I'll be doing by next year.

When I showed Justin this picture- he about died. Couldn't believe I would take it and even worse would make him look at it. His comment, "Mom- only you would take a picture of something like that."  Guess he's right. Today, I needed the smile- it was worth it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just glad that isn't YOUR underwear out there... Granny panties? ;) I love putting laundry outside! Cloth diapers, especially! :)

-loralee