Sunday, March 6, 2011

the C O L O R of Europe

I think I've given a warped peek in to what our village really looks like. Beautiful? Several other adjectives to describe this outlying area have come to mind, but we haven't heard it described as beautiful until I posted the last pictures. I'm so glad my optimism is showing through to paint a pretty picture! The above photo is a scene at the edge of our village and I would definitely describe it as beautiful. It's not even green yet, but I can see the potential.  

at least the snow is now melted
As I open our rolladens each morning, I look across the street at the sheep on the hillside just south of us. I just know there should be new babies any day now. I told Jim this and he thought I was crazy. He asked, "Did you see a pregnant one?" Remember, he's the farm boy, I am the one who grew up in the city. My response, "No, they're all fat and covered with hair so I can't tell. It's just supposed to be Spring-the time when babies are born."
This is a little more what it looks like on a daily basis. A neighbor friend told us yesterday that last year, only twice did they have stretches of sun that lasted five days. Only five days in a row? I quickly stopped her and said I really didn't need to hear it!

I just started reading a new book this weekend and I noticed a line in it that I likely would have just skimmed over until now. In talking about colors he said, "The day was gray, the color of Europe." I so get it. I'm trying to find the blue skies...


No comments: