Friday, March 18, 2011

comparing G A R B A G E cans

I strongly believe in not keeping score. Especially when it comes to helping others out, I feel {and repeat often} it all evens out in the end. That doesn't necessarily mean I always think life is fair. On a walk this week, I couldn't help notice my neighbor's garbage can. I can honestly say, I've never even cared about someone else's garbage can until living here with our mini-can picked up twice a month. Ours is identical to the small one on the right- hers seems jumbo sized. It's huge. The previous tenants had a baby, entitling them to a larger can which stayed when they took over the house.

Is life fair? Certainly not when I compare garbage cans. But, I can deal with it and am trying to do a better job with even less complaining. This week, I've especially thought about the devistation and heartbreak in Japan. Why am I even wasting a moment thinking about how small my garbage can is? I'm sure any one of them now left homeless with everything they owned buried or washed away would be most grateful to even own a garbage can.

No comments: