Thursday, March 10, 2011

H E L P please

OK, I need help. I just showed Jim the dress I bought. He said, "Did you really buy it?" YIKES! Not the answer I was expecting.... I planned on buying a small shrug to cover up the bare shoulders since I definitely don't have Michelle Obama arms {yet} haha.

Then, I showed him my other options... he likes the navy straight one better. I guess it will work with the spanx that suck in everything... That's the one that the reviews were all mothers-of-the bride in the 60-100 age range. Does it look like a grandma dress? I need some girly reviews... please and fast!!!

I can't copy and paste the photos... here are the links. Any input- so greatly appreciated!!!
Here's the navy {grandma?} one:
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/js-boutique-sequin-detail-jersey-gown/3129666?origin=category&resultback=7452

Here's the one I already bought that I'll gladly return if the other one looks better...
 http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/alex-evenings-one-shoulder-beaded-mesh-gown/3106294?origin=category&resultback=5079

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NAVY one is designed better, I think. (Both are cute, but depends on build).
Pam

The Dickey Family said...

I love the one you bought! It is beautiful. So hard though, I really like my shoulders either and these models are probably 100 lbs or less. Don't stress... you are fearfully and wonderfully made(and beautiful) regardless!

Teresa Bassett said...

I like the black one better, I would hate to worry about a strapless bra though. I think the black one would be more flattering. I don't think the navy one looks grandmaish or anything but I like the black one better. I would get both, you never know the blue one might look better in person. Both are pretty. You will look beautiful in anything.

Anonymous said...

Sheila, how about the lavender chiffon gown to the right, similarly priced? That one is cute and not so matronly.
Pam

deb said...

I like them both. Either one would look great on you. I am sure you will find something smashing and that you will look good walking in to this formal function. Jim will be proud to have you as his date!