Tuesday, March 8, 2011

S A C K E D all the time

A major change is taking place in our house this week. After a two-hour episode putting Caden to bed over the weekend, Jim decided he's finally had enough! He filled Caden in on "the plan" which Caden immediately voiced was a terrible plan.
This was the plan:
The first night {Saturday}, he would sit next to his bed. The second night {Sunday}, he would sit on the spare bed {still in their room} and Monday he would be at the door. No more lying in bed with him until he falls asleep.

The first night was great. Caden was asleep in record time. I thought this was going to be a breeze and long overdue. Sunday night wasn't quite as smooth. Jim took a while, so I wondered what was going on. He caved and ended up sleeping with him. At first, I couldn't believe it. I can't say much because I don't contribute- Caden simply wants his daddy and NO one else {not even Justin believe it or not}.

He explained to me what happened. After crying and crying for Jim to lay next to him, their conversation went something like this with Caden sobbing the entire time:

Jim: "Go to sleep, Caden- I'm right here. You're fine."
Caden: "Dad, I'm not fine. I'm not tough."
Jim: "Yes- you're a big kid, go to sleep."
Caden: "Dad- I'm really not tough. I just act like I am tough but my coach tells me every day I'm really not."
Jim: "Yes, you are. You tell me every day how good you do at your football games and how strong you are."
Caden: "No, it's really not true. I lie and I'm not tough at my games. I just pretend that I am and I'm really not. And, I get sacked all the time. I'm not good at football or basketball or anything which is why I need you to lay with me."

Jim said it was pathetic, but it worked. He got his daddy one last night.

1 comment:

Mac and Starr said...

That is too funny...I would've caved in too!